I know the title of the recipe says berry pie, but I went with what was available in the store this time. My version is a fruit and berry mix of peaches and blueberries, which turned out great. I found it really tasty and refreshing with a bit of acidic fruits since the dough in this pie recipe is rather sweet.
And the title doesn’t lie, it really is quick and simple. No need for advanced baking skills to be successful with this one! So go ahead and grab whatever seasonal fruits or berries you want to use and try this recipe out today. It’s really tasty.
Cooking time including preparations: ca 25-30 minutes
- 150 g butter or margarine
- 3 dl wheat flour
- 1 dl sugar
- A pinch of salt (slightly more if you use unsalted butter)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Berries for the filling
- About 2 tbsp sugar (if you feel your berries need some)
- 1 1/2 tsp potato flour or corn starch if your berries are watery
Turn on your oven at 200°C.
Melt the butter in a pot.
Mix in the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Squeeze out the dough in a pie dish making sure it covers the sides.
Add the berries with sugar and potato flour if needed.
Bake in the middle of the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Some berries or fruit may need a little longer, in that case cover the pie dish the last few minutes to not burn the edges.
Serve your berry pie with ice cream, whipped cream or vanilla sauce.
Pin this recipe:
Latest posts by Veronica (see all)
- Walking the paths of the Vikings in Hedeby - 9th August 2017
- DIY camper van platform – Turn your car into a mini camper - 18th June 2017
- Updates to my compact garden 2017 - 7th May 2017