First I had the idea to only use couching of the outlines of the embroidery pattern as decoration of the mittens, but since I have quite a lot of silk thread lying around that I haven’t been using, I decided to fill out the whole pattern to add more colour.
I’m trying split stitch for the first time ever. Very fun actually and gives a surface with a lot of life in it.
This means it will take a day or two longer before I get to the process of sewing the mittens together, but it’s going to be worth it.
As you can see I sew the outlines straight through the paper and then removed it afterwards. Small tip: Don’t use office paper like I did. Baking paper or similar is a lot easier to peel off afterwards.